Pyretic X is a well-rounded thermogenic weight loss supplement formulated to help support increased thermogenesis, greater energy expenditure, and reduced body fat.*
When combined with a reduced-calorie diet and exercise program, the ingredients in Pyretic X may help support dietary compliance and calorie burning, thereby promoting more efficient weight loss and better performance in the gym.*
Pyretic X Ingredients
Olive Leaf Extract (20% Oleuropein)
Olive leaf extract is rich in numerous bioactive compounds, the most well-known of which is oleuropein.*
Oleuropein is a versatile compound that has been noted in scientific research to possess a wide range of activities, including*:
- Antimicrobial activity
- Antiviral activity
- hypoglycemic effect
Oleuropein also stimulates BAT (brown adipose tissue), inhibits PPAR-γ receptor, and suppresses the proliferation of adipocytes (fat cells).*
Oleuropein also enhances thermogenesis by increasing uncoupling protein-1 (UCP1).*
Additional research indicates that olive leaf extract supplementation may support better insulin sensitivity and help limit oxidation of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.*
Animal studies also indicate that olive leaf extract supports thyroid function.*
As you’re probably aware, the thyroid gland is critical to proper functioning of the metabolism.*
Green Coffee Extract
Green coffee beans are raw, unroasted coffee beans. They are rich in many pharmacologically active compounds, including chlorogenic acid.*
Human studies note an inverse association between coffee intake and weight gain.*
Green coffee extract may help reduce body weight and fat mass, possibly due to reducing the amount of carbohydrate taken up by the intestines following a meal.*
Researchers have theorized that green coffee extract may modify hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans.*
Green coffee extract’s primary bioactive, chlorogenic acid, appears to increase nitric oxide availability and possess antihypertensive effects.*
Research also indicates chlorogenic acid reduces the hyperglycemic peak associated with carbohydrate ingestion. This lowers insulin activity and may help reduce fat accumulation.*
Caffeine is the well-known central nervous system (CNS) stimulant widely available in foods common to the diet, including coffee, tea, and dark chocolate.*
Caffeine is best known for its ability to increase feelings of mental energy, due to its antagonism of adenosine receptors in the brain.*
Regarding weight loss support, caffeine has been shown to help to boost metabolism, increase calorie burning, and enhance lipolysis (the “liberating” of stored fatty acids).[10,11]*
Caffeine further supports weight loss by acting as a mild appetite suppressant, which may help reduce calorie intake at meal time.*
Dieting on low calories is also known to lead to feelings of sluggish, lethargy, and a general lack of motivation to train hard.*
Caffeine can help increase energy and motivation due to its ability to stimulate dopamine (“the mood and motivation” molecule) release in the brain, which increases mood, motivation and focus.*
Interestingly, dopamine also increases thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue, further increasing calorie burning.*
Theobromine is a chemical cousin of caffeine and the principal alkaloid in Theobroma cacao (the cacao bean). It’s also found in varying quantities in coffee and dark chocolate.*
Theobromine is traditionally used as a bronchodilator and as a vasodilator as well as a diuretic.*[14,15]
Research in animals shows that supplementation with a theobromine-rich cocoa powder encourages significant weight loss.*
Anecdotally, theobromine supplies a smoother, subtler, longer-lasting energy that complements the fast-acting energy of caffeine. It’s thought that combining the two may help limit the unwanted energy crash that accompanies high doses of caffeine.*
This may be due, in part, to theobromine having a longer half-life than caffeine.*
Pyretic X contains an additional 100mg of fast-acting caffeine anhydrous to further increase feelings of enhanced mental and physical energy to complement the smooth energy of Natural caffeine.*
In total, Pyretic X contains 253mg of caffeine per full serving (2 capsules).
Yohimbe Bark (8% Yohimbine)
Yohimbine (pausinystalia johimbe) is a plant native to western and central Africa.*
Extracts from yohimbe have long been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac.*
The primary active constituent in yohibe, yohimbine, is a prominent weight loss supplement due to its ability to antagonize (“block”) alpha-adrenergic receptors, thereby supporting fat burning.*
“Stubborn” fat areas have higher concentrations of alpha receptors and blocking them encourages increased fat-burning in those areas as greater amounts of fat-burning catecholamines (noradrenaline and adrenaline) can then bind to the beta receptors on fat cells.*
Yohimbine has also been explored as a potential ergogenic and body recomposition aid.*
Paradoxine is a research-backed, patented extract of Grains of Paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) standardized to 12.5% 6-paradol.*
6-paradol is an aromatic ketone that is the major bioactive constituent of Grains of Paradise.*
Research indicates that supplementation with Grains of Paradise extract may stimulate thermogenesis, increase energy expenditure, and decrease body fat.[18,19,20]*
Cayenne pepper contains the fiery alkaloid capsaicin which has been noted to possess some very enticing weight loss benefits.*
Capsaicin has been noted in research to help reduce appetite and increase satiety by increasing glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and decreasing ghrelin (the hunger hormone).*
Additional studies indicate that capsaicin can stimulate brown fat thermogenesis, which supports greater energy expenditure and calorie burning.*
Capsaicin may also help reduce appetite and calorie intake, due to its binding and activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) in the mouth, stomach and small intestine.*
Activation of TRPV1 receptor stimulates the release of noradrenaline and dopamine, which have been noted to enhance weight loss and exercise performance.*
Consume 2 capsules daily.
To assess tolerance, it is suggested to begin with one capsule per day.
Never exceed 4 capsules in any single 24-hour period.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Omar SH. Oleuropein in olive and its pharmacological effects. Sci Pharm. 2010;78(2):133-54.
- Svobodova M, Andreadou I, Skaltsounis AL, Kopecky J, Flachs P. Oleuropein as an inhibitor of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Genes Nutr. 2014;9(1):376. doi:10.1007/s12263-013-0376-0
- Oi-Kano Y, Kawada T, Watanabe T, et al. Oleuropein, a phenolic compound in extra virgin olive oil, increases uncoupling protein 1 content in brown adipose tissue and enhances noradrenaline and adrenaline secretions in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54(5):363-370. doi:10.3177/jnsv.54.363
- De Bock M, Derraik JGB, Brennan CM, et al. Olive (Olea europaea L.) Leaf Polyphenols Improve Insulin Sensitivity in Middle-Aged Overweight Men: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nerurkar PV, ed. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(3):e57622. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0057622.
- Al-Qarawi AA, Al-Damegh MA, ElMougy SA Effect of freeze dried extract of Olea europaea on the pituitary-thyroid axis in rats. Phytother Res. (2002)
- Lopez-Garcia E, Van Dam RM, Rajpathak S, Willett WC, Manson JE, Hu FB. Changes in caffeine intake and long-term weight change in men and women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2006;83(3):674–680.
- Johnston KL, Clifford MN, Morgan LM. Coffee acutely modifies gastrointestinal hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans: glycemic effects of chlorogenic acid and caffeine. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2003;78(4):728–733
- Wong RH, Garg ML, Wood LG, Howe PR. Antihypertensive potential of combined extracts of olive leaf, green coffee bean and beetroot: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial. Nutrients. 2014;6(11):4881-4894. Published 2014 Nov 5. doi:10.3390/nu6114881
- Tunnicliffe JM, Eller LK, Reimer RA, Hittel DS, Shearer J. Chlorogenic acid differentially affects postprandial glucose and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide response in rats. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2011 Oct;36(5):650-9.
- Nehlig A. Is caffeine a cognitive enhancer? J Alzheimers Dis 2010;20 Suppl 1, S85-94. Habowski SM, Sandrock J, et al.
- Lieberman, H. R., Wurtman, R. J., Emde, G. G., Roberts, C., & Coviella, I. L. (1987). The effects of low doses of caffeine on human performance and mood.Psychopharmacology, 92(3), 308–312.
- Dulloo, A. G., Geissler, C. A., Horton, T., Collins, A., & Miller, D. S. (1989). Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and postobese human volunteers. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 49(1), 44–50. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/49.1.44
- Kohlie, R., Perwitz, N., Resch, J., Schmid, S. M., Lehnert, H., Klein, J., & Iwen, K. A. (2017). Dopamine directly increases mitochondrial mass and thermogenesis in brown adipocytes. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 58(2), 57–66. https://doi.org/10.1530/JME-16-0159
- IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Coffee, Tea, Mate, Methylxanthines and Methylglyoxal. Lyon (FR): International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1991. (IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, No. 51.) Theobromine. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507032/
- Dorfman LJ, Jarvik ME. Comparative stimulant and diuretic actions of caffeine and theobromine in man. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1970;11(6):869-872. doi:10.1002/cpt1970116869
- Eteng, M., Ibekwe, H. A., Umoh, U., Ebong, P., Umoh, I., & Eyong, E. (2007). Theobromine rich cocoa powder induces weight loss and changes in lipid profile of obese Wistar rats. Discovery and Innovation, 18. https://doi.org/10.4314/dai.v18i3.15745
- Martínez-Pinilla E, Oñatibia-Astibia A, Franco R. The relevance of theobromine for the beneficial effects of cocoa consumption. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:30. Published 2015 Feb 20. doi:10.3389/fphar.2015.00030
- Iwami M, Mahmoud FA, Shiina T, et al. Extract of grains of paradise and its active principle 6-paradol trigger thermogenesis of brown adipose tissue in rats. Auton Neurosci. 2011;161(1-2):63-67. doi:10.1016/j.autneu.2010.11.012
- Sugita, J., Yoneshiro, T., et al; “Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men”; British Journal of Nutrition; (2013) 110(4), pp. 733–738;
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, et al; “Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans”; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; 2014, 60(1): 22-27
- Smeets AJ and Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The acute effects of a lunch containing capsaicin on energy and substrate utilisation, hormones, and satiety. European Journal of Nutrition. 2009;48(4):229-234. doi:10.1007/s00394-009-0006-1.
- Whiting S, et al. Capsaicinoids and capsinoids. A potential role for weight management? A systematic review of the evidence. Appetite 2012;59(2): p.341-8.
- Ludy MJ, et al. The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans. Chem Senses 2012: 37(2) p. 103-21.
- Galitzky J, Taouis M, Berlan M, Rivière D, Garrigues M, Lafontan M. Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers. Eur J Clin Invest. 1988;18(6):587-594. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2362.1988.tb01272.x
- Ostojic SM. Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players. Res Sports Med. 2006;14(4):289-299. doi:10.1080/15438620600987106
I've noticed my appetite for snacking is gone and my body is getting cut up nicely and it's only been 7 days. Only thing negative is that after I ordered THEN I received an email for a buy one get one free if I downloaded app. Wish I got that email before I purchased. I immediately emailed my problem with no response. That said, I use a couple of these products and all great.
This stuff works great and gives a great pump within 15-30 mins.
Only draw back is I ended up using only maybe 3/4 of it because of moisture. Not sure if the moisture absorbing pad wasn't working but the product dried up and became gummy. The container was not cracked and the lid was always on tight.