APE SH*T TEST PM - MEN'S HEALTH & SLEEP SUPPORT
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- What is Ape Sh*t Test PM?
- Ape Sh*t Test PM At-a-Glance
- Ape Sh*t Test PM Up-Close
Quality sleep is critical to muscle recovery, hormone production, and maximizing the benefits of resistance-training. The problem is that a significant portion of the population, including athletes, students, and business professionals, shirk sleep for the sake of trying to get more done. In reality, they’re sacrificing life-altering, long-term gains for perceived short-term benefits. The time to prioritize sleep begins tonight.
Ape Sh*t Test PM offers elite nighttime recovery, stress-relief, and sleep enhancement to recharge your mind and body for optimal performance and support optimal hormone production.
- Natural testosterone support*
- Enhances recovery*
- Improves sleep quality & duration*
- Reduces feelings of stress*
- Encourages deeper sleep*
- Supports healthy hormone equilibrium*
Stress is among the most frequently cited reasons why individuals have trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep. In any form (be it emotional, psychological, or physical), stress stimulates the release of cortisol. In short bursts, such as during exercise, stress & cortisol levels can be beneficial; however, when cortisol remains elevated for prolonged periods of time (e.g. day and day of poor sleep), recovery, growth, and levels of anabolic hormones, including testosterone, decline.*
Ashwagandha is a centuries-old remedy from Ayurveda that improve the body’s ability to manage and recover from stressful encounters. Rigorously investigated, the root helps reduce stress, improve exercise performance, boost strength, and support healthy testosterone levels.*
Tart Cherry Extract 10:1
Tart cherry is a favorite post-workout supplement for its high polyphenol and antioxidant content that is known to improve blood flow, decrease oxidative stress, and reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. Additionally, cherry juice also contains procyanidin B-2, which increases the availability of tryptophan -- the amino acid the body uses to produce serotonin and melatonin. In addition to enhancing recovery from exercise, cherry juice has also been found to enhance sleep time and increase sleep efficiency.*
Tribulus Terrestris (40% saponins)
Tribulus terrestris is another age-old plant used in traditional medicine to enhance sexual health, libido, and longevity. It contains a diverse lineup of bioactives, the most well-known being saponins, which have been suggested to support libido and sexual desire. Additional research indicates that tribulus may also promote greater recovery following intense training.*
Boron is a trace mineral required for hundreds of biological processes, including bone health, cognitive function, and testosterone synthesis. While boron can be obtained through the diet, many individuals fail to consume adequate amounts. Fortunately, boron supplementation has been shown in research to be valuable -- supporting higher free testosterone levels and lower estradiol levels.*
Naturally found in tea leaves, L-Theanine is an amino acid known for its calming and relaxing properties, and it’s often cited as the component of tea that “smooths” out the caffeine, promoting clean, jitter-free energy & concentration. Theanine’s calming effects are due to its ability to increase GABA levels. GABA is the body’s primary inhibitory (“calming”) neurotransmitter. Sleep studies investigating theanine notes it promotes good quality of sleep by reducing feelings of stress and anxiety.
Lemon balm is a relative of mint that has a rich history of use as both a natural relaxant and cognitive enhancer. Actives in lemon balm inhibit GABA-transaminase -- the enzyme that breaks down GABA. Combining L-Theanine + lemon balm supports greater concentrations of GABA that last longer, promoting increased feelings of relaxation and encouraging deeper sleep.*
Melatonin is the hormone that governs the sleep-wake cycle and dictates circadian rhythm. The body can naturally produce melatonin; however, modern living has had deleterious effects on melatonin as the constant bombardment of blue light-emitting devices (TVs, smartphones, tablets, LEDs, computers, etc.) reduces the body’s release of melatonin. The end result is increased difficulty falling asleep and poorer sleep quality in general. Supplementing with melatonin has been shown to be helpful for reducing sleep latency (how quickly you fall asleep) as well as improving various other markers of sleep quality.*
Vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common micronutrient deficiencies worldwide, which is particularly concerning as vitamin D affects hormone balance, immune function, and bone health. Low levels of vitamin D have also been linked to increased rates of infection, poor mood, and lower testosterone levels. Ape Sh*t Test PM includes the biologically active form of vitamin D (cholecalciferol) which helps support healthy levels of this critical micronutrient and is correlated with higher testosterone levels.*
Zinc is, yet another, common nutrient deficiency, especially in athletes. Even moderate deficiencies in zinc are associated with lower testosterone levels in men as well as increased risks of illness. Supplementing with zinc is shown to be well-tolerated and beneficial for improving immune status, testosterone levels, and sleep quality.*
Who is Ape Sh*t Test PM For?
Ape Sh*t Test PM is for any individual seeking better quality sleep, improved sexual health, and increased recovery (both mentally and physically).*
Can I Stack Ape Sh*t Test PM with Other Primeval Labs Supplements?
Ape Sh*t Test PM offers comprehensive nighttime relaxation and sleep support. For added muscle recovery, Ape Sh*t Test PM may also be taken in conjunction with a serving of EAA Max or a scoop (or two) of ISOLIT or WHEY.*
Does Ape Sh*t Test PM Need to Be Cycled?
No, the ingredients included in Ape Sh*t Test PM are non-hormonal and do not cause suppression or shut down.*
- Lopresti AL, Drummond PD, Smith SJ. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study Examining the Hormonal and Vitality Effects of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Aging, Overweight Males. Am J Mens Health. 2019 Mar-Apr;13(2):1557988319835985. doi: 10.1177/1557988319835985. PMID: 30854916; PMCID: PMC6438434.
- Leproult R, Van Cauter E. Effect of 1 week of sleep restriction on testosterone levels in young healthy men. JAMA. 2011 Jun 1;305(21):2173-4. doi: 10.1001/jama.2011.710. PMID: 21632481; PMCID: PMC4445839.
- Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial Wankhede, S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12(1), 43.
- Hill JA, Keane KM, Quinlan R, Howatson G. Tart Cherry Supplementation and Recovery From Strenuous Exercise: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2021 Mar 1;31(2):154-167. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.2020-0145. Epub 2021 Jan 13. PMID: 33440334.
- Losso JN, Finley JW, Karki N, Liu AG, Prudente A, Tipton R, Yu Y, Greenway FL. Pilot Study of the Tart Cherry Juice for the Treatment of Insomnia and Investigation of Mechanisms. Am J Ther. 2018 Mar/Apr;25(2):e194-e201. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0000000000000584. PMID: 28901958; PMCID: PMC5617749.
- Fernández-Lázaro D, Seco-Calvo J, Pascual-Fernández J, Domínguez-Ortega C, Del Valle Soto M, Mielgo-Ayuso J. 6-Week Supplementation with Tribulus terrestris L. to Trained Male CrossFit® Athletes on Muscle, Inflammation, and Antioxidant Biomarkers: A Randomized, Single-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2022 Dec 2;19(23):16158. doi: 10.3390/ijerph192316158. PMID: 36498228; PMCID: PMC9736311.
- Talemi M, Ardakani SMP, Roozbeh B. Tribulus terrestris may decrease muscle damage markers following a high-intensity resistance exercise: a pilot study. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2020;91(5-6):500–6.
- Rao TP, Ozeki M, Juneja LR. In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015;34(5):436-47. doi: 10.1080/07315724.2014.926153. Epub 2015 Mar 11. PMID: 25759004.
- Kim S, Jo K, Hong KB, Han SH, Suh HJ. GABA and l-theanine mixture decreases sleep latency and improves NREM sleep. Pharm Biol. 2019 Dec;57(1):65-73. doi: 10.1080/13880209.2018.1557698. PMID: 30707852; PMCID: PMC6366437.
- Zam W, Quispe C, Sharifi-Rad J, López MD, Schoebitz M, Martorell M, Sharopov F, Fokou PVT, Mishra AP, Chandran D, Kumar M, Chen JT, Pezzani R. An Updated Review on The Properties of Melissa officinalis L.: Not Exclusively Anti-anxiety. Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 2022 Jun 7;14(2):16. doi: 10.31083/j.fbs1402016. PMID: 35730441.
- Shabani, A., Foroozanfard, F., Kavossian, E., Aghadavod, E., Ostadmohammadi, V., Reiter, R. J., Asemi, Z. (2019). Effects of melatonin administration on mental health parameters, metabolic and genetic profiles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Affective Disorders, 250, 51–56. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.02.066
- Slomski A. Melatonin Improves Sleep in Patients With Circadian Disruption. JAMA. 2018;320(8):749. doi:10.1001/jama.2018.10903
- Pilz S, Frisch S, Koertke H, Kuhn J, Dreier J, Obermayer-Pietsch B, Wehr E, Zittermann A. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Horm Metab Res. 2011 Mar;43(3):223-5. doi: 10.1055/s-0030-1269854. Epub 2010 Dec 10. PMID: 21154195.
- Gholipour Baradari A, Alipour A, Mahdavi A, Sharifi H, Nouraei SM, Emami Zeydi A. The Effect of Zinc Supplementation on Sleep Quality of ICU Nurses: A Double Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial. Workplace Health Saf. 2018 Apr;66(4):191-200. doi: 10.1177/2165079917734880. Epub 2017 Dec 14. PMID: 29241421.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.