The original Mega Pre was a revelation to athletes around the world that pre workouts didn’t need to rely on a crazy cocktail of stimulants to be effective or successful.
Mega Pre relied on a robust formula of vasodilators, vasorelaxants, energy enhancers and focus boosters to create a pre workout that powered thousands to their best workouts ever, but still, you clamored for me.
And since we’re committed to being the best and making sure you’re second to none, we sought to do the impossible -- improve Mega Pre.
Breaking down the formula piece by piece, we rebuilt Mega Pre from the ground up to create a pre workout that delivered it all….and then some more!
The creation that emerged from the dust was the next great pre workout in Mega Pre Black!
What is Mega Pre Black?
Mega Pre Black takes the best elements from the original stimulant-free Mega Pre and adds several additional energy and performance enhancers (featuring 325mg of 40% Dynamine!) to create a pre workout experience unlike any other.
With Mega Pre Black, you get all of the same great pumps and performance of the original Mega Pre, but now you get all the energy to match those epics pumps!
You asked for the best, and Primeval Labs has delivered the best pre workout in Mega Pre Black!
Much like the original Mega Pre, Mega Pre Black has been meticulously formulated to maximize athletic performance, and that starts with increasing nitric oxide, vasodilation, and blood flow.
No other ingredient accomplishes these goals more so than L-Citrulline. It’s become a staple of pre workouts, and for good reason -- it delivers.
L-Citrulline is a nonessential amino that significantly boosts nitric oxide production by increasing plasma levels L-Arginine, the amino acid that serves as the substrate for nitric oxide production.
L-Arginine vs L-Citrulline
Well, L-arginine has terrible bioavailability, and the studies that have shown some benefit require extremely large doses of the amino acid, which also bring with it a lot of unwanted GI distress. 
L-Citrulline, however, is incredibly bioavailable, easy on the GI system , and has been shown to be a better agent for elevating plasma arginine levels than even L-arginine!
The end result when supplementing with L-Citrulline is greater nitric oxide production, which promotes greater blood flow along with additional oxygen and nutrient delivery to your muscles. This helps you perform at a higher level during training as well as get some pretty sick muscle pumps, too!
Other research into L-Citrulline has noted that it enhances Vo2 kinetics and ATP production which leads to greater endurance and athletic performance as well as lean body mass! [4, 5, 6, 7]
Mega Pre Black includes the same impressive 6 gram dose of L-Citrulline as shown effective in the human trials. 
Beta Alanine (3.2g)
How many times have you started off a workout “guns blazing”, only to feel completely gassed minutes later?
We’ve all been there before, and suffice it to say, that feeling sucks.
Beta alanine is a powerful little amino acid that helps you last longer and stay stronger during your workouts. Supplementing with beta alanine has been shown to improve endurance, strength, and lean mass. [8, 9, 10, 11, 12]
When your muscles repeatedly contract, hydrogen (H+) ions build up in your muscles which lowers the pH, creating an acidic environment. The more times your muscle contracts, the more acid builds up, which not only creates an uncomfortably “burning” sensation deep in the muscle belly, but it also inhibits your ability to keep contracting that muscle. Eventually, too much acid accumulates, and your muscle will no longer contract.
Where beta alanine enters the picture is that it increases levels of carnosine in the muscle.  Carnosine is a powerful intracellular buffer that helps clear those acidic ions, which delays that painful, irritating burning sensation, and allows you to keep grinding out more reps, yielding bigger, better gains over time.
Also known by its scientific name trimethylglycine, betaine is a compound that’s found in beets and other plants.
Over the past few years, betaine has been gaining popularity among athletes of all kinds, and for good reason -- numerous research studies conducted in humans show that betaine supplementation can boost muscle endurance and increase strength.
Researchers believe the power of betaine to significantly increase athletic performance is due in part to its ability to mimic the actions of creatine as well as enhance endogenous creatine production, via methylation of the amino acid homocysteine. Essentially, betaine helps improve production of ATP in the muscle, which may help you to train harder and longer.
Additionally, betaine also acts as a natural osmolyte in skeletal muscle. Osmolytes are compounds that encourage your cells to absorb extra water. This improves hydration and may promote greater stamina during training.
To sum it up, betaine can help boost power, strength, overall performance, and muscle growth! [13, 14]
Each full serving of Mega Pre Black provides the clinically-backed dose of the new age muscle builder.
Choline Bitartrate (2g)
Do you ever struggle to really “feel” the muscle working? Or have you ever had one of those workouts where you just don’t feel like you’re really in the zone?
While this could happen for a few reasons, chances are pretty good that you’re low in choline.
What is Choline and What Does it Do?
Choline is an essential nutrient that serves a number of roles in the body, but first and foremost, it provides the backbone for an extremely important neurotransmitters called acetylcholine.
Known as “the learning neurotransmitter”, acetylcholine is heaving involved in memory, learning, and cognition. It’s also crucial to establishing a solid mind-muscle connection during training.
Having a strong mind-muscle connection helps you feel each and every muscle fiber contract during your workout, allowing you to get the most “bang” for your exercise “buck on every single rep
To help create tunnel-vision focus as well as a robust mind-muscle connection, Primeval Labs has doubled the dose of choline bitartrate in Mega Pre Black.
Each full serving of Mega Pre Black provides 2 full grams of choline bitartrate to promote greater acetylcholine levels for enhanced focus, concentration and mind-muscle connection during your workouts [15, 16]
Get ready to “feel” your workout like never before!
Dynamine™ 40% (325mg)
Mega Pre Black was formulated to deliver extreme energy along with extreme performance.
No compound has been more synonymous with intense energy and focus as of late, quite like Dynamine.
The newest breakthrough ingredient from supplement industry pioneers, Compound Solutions, Dynamine is the “faster acting” cousin of TeaCrine, another well-known energy boosting agent.
Dynamine is described as a neuro-activating compound that ramps up energy and focus without affecting blood pressure or heart rate. In other words, Dynamine™ can stimulate the CNS, without affecting cardiovascular system.
Additionally, unlike many other stimulants which cause vasoconstriction, Dynamine does not impact blood flow at all, and, similar to TeaCrine, does NOT cause tolerance build up.
That means that you can keep getting the same powerful boost in energy and focus without having to continually up the dose.
Also, Dynamine exerts less of an impact on your adrenal glands than caffeine or other stimulants, which helps reduce increases in cortisol, a common problem with other pre workout stimulants.
When paired with caffeine and the other nootropics in Mega Pre Black, Dynamine creates a true sense of “tunnel-vision” focus and motivation. So that when you enter the gym, your sole goal is obliteration of the iron!
Caffeine Anhydrous (325mg)
Caffeine is the consummate pre workout stimulant. It is a powerful stimulator of the central nervous system and is by far, one of the most effective, and legal, compounds for increasing dopamine, a neurotransmitter heavily involved in movement and motivation.
You’ve witnessed this first hand if you’ve ever had trouble thinking in the morning, let alone doing anything, without your morning cup of coffee.
But, caffeine isn’t just for boosting energy and motivation, it’s also a pretty powerful performance-enhancing compound. Studies have shown that it can increase energy expenditure as well as strength, endurance, and anaerobic performance (i.e. resistance training). [17, 18, 19]
Most pre workouts, just pick a random amount of caffeine to include in their pre workouts, but those amounts are quite frequently less than what research has shown to be the clinically effective dosages of 3-6 mg per kg of bodyweight. 
Mega Pre Black contains 325mg per serving.
Derived from the branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) Valine, L-Norvaline that “takes the lid off” of nitric oxide production.
You see, our bodies have a devious little enzyme called arginase. It’s the responsibility of arginase to degrade arginine and restrict nitric oxide production in the body.
L-Norvaline serves as an inhibitor of arginase. [21, 22] By inhibiting this nitric oxide limiting enzyme, we effectively allow for unrestricted nitric oxide production, meaning greater blood flow and bigger, longer-lasting pumps.
Essentially, using l-norvaline would be like taking the “governor” off of your car -- you can push things harder, farther and faster with it removed.
elevATP® is one of the newest muscle building ingredients lighting up the supplement scene recently. Created from a patented combination of ancient peat and apple extracts, elevATP has been shown in human research trials to significantly enhance ATP production in the body! [23,24,25]
As we all know, ATP is the cellular “currency” our muscles use to produce energy. Once you’ve used up all of your ATP, your performance falls off a cliff.
For years, supplement researchers have sought out various forms of oral ATP to improve systemic levels of the performance-driving compound, but time and again their efforts were thwarted due to poor ingredient bioavailability.
Essentially, the compounds that showed promise in cell culture did next to nothing when you actually ingested them.
Enter FutureCeuticals and the arrival of elevATP.
Studies have shown that not only can elevATP elevate blood levels of ATP, it may also improve your muscle pumps, too!
ATP (and its derivative adenosine) can induce vasodilation following release from the red blood cells via the production of nitric oxide. [21, 22].
Additional studies have also documented that exogenous forms of ATP (such as elevATP) may improve exercise-induced blood flow , which enhances nutrient delivery.
So, this means you not only have increased ATP levels but greater blood flow, oxygen, and nutrient delivery too, which promotes greater energy production, increased stamina, and bigger, badder muscle pumps during your workout!
But it doesn’t stop there!
More recent studies investigating the effects of elevATP on exercise performance not that it can significantly increase strength, power, and performance in resistance-trained men. [25, 26] In particular, elevATP increased the subjects’ 1-rep maximum in the squat and deadlift as well as vertical jump peak velocity and vertical jump peak power.
Supplementation with 150mg elevATP® (the same dose included in Mega Pre Black) also enhanced hypertrophy and prevented a decline in performance that sometimes occurs as a result of increased training volume and overreaching.
In other words, elevATP may help prevent signs of overtraining, which is especially good for those of you who are part of team “no days off”.
Infinergy™ Dicaffeine Malate (68mg)
Mega Pre Black catapults you off the starting line with a robust 325mg of fast-acting caffeine anhydrous. Most pre workouts would stop there with the energy component of their pre workout.
But, we wanted to deliver the best pre workout experience possible, and because of that, we’ve included an additional 68mg of Infinergy dicaffeine malate.
This slow-releasing form of caffeine provides a sustained release of energy that helps avoid any crash typically experienced with other high-stimulant pre workouts, and ensure you have ample energy to finish your workout and still get work done afterwards.
N-Methyltyrammine HCl (50mg)
To further amp up in the intensity of Mega Pre Black, we’ve included a duo of powerful beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonists.
The first of which is n-methyltyramine.
Beta-2 agonists create a flood of catecholamines, powerful monoamines including epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and dopamine that stimulate the “fight or flight” response in the body.
In addition to the heightened energy, alertness, and motivation these hormones yield, they also help liberate stored fatty acids from your adipose tissue (a process known as lipolysis) to be used for energy during training.
Essentially, you’re burning fat for fuel, while at the same time sparing your glycogen stores, so that they can be used for the really intensive work during your workout.
NMT is also believed to increase cGMP and cAMP, which promotes release of nitric oxide along with epinephrine and glucagon potentially giving you a considerable burst in energy!
Hordenine HCl (50mg)
Found in a number of plants including Citrus Aurantium (bitter orange) and hordeum vulgare (barley), Hordenine is another beta-2 adrenergic agonist included in increase energy and fat utilization during your workouts.
But that’s not all hordenine has to offer.
It also serves as a bronchodilator (relaxes bronchial passages) and vasodilator (increases blood vessel diameter.  This means that hordenine may help you have an easier time catching your breath during intense training, promoting faster intra-set recovery.
It’s also worth mentioning that Hordenine also functions as a noradrenaline reuptake modulator. What this means, is that hordenine may help prolong the effects of noradrenaline in your system leading to increased energy, alertness, and focus during training. [34, 35]
Combining it with n-methyltyramine, which stimulates noradrenaline release, makes a powerful 1-2 punch for intense, long-lasting energy and focus. Something you won’t find in other pre workouts on the market.
Huperzine A 1% (100mcg)
The final piece of the puzzle in Mega Pre Black is the potent nootropic Huperzine A. We’ve included it for a number of reasons, but first and foremost for its synergism with choline bitartrate.
Choline bitartrate helps directly increase acetylcholine production via increasing levels of choline in the body. Huperzine A indirectly enhances acetylcholine levels by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine. 
By combining Huperzine with a source of choline, we’re boosting acetylcholine levels from two fronts, which fosters a significantly stronger mind-muscle connection as well as laser-tight focus.
That’s not all!
Huperzine also serves as a neuroprotectant, defending the brain glutamate (the neuron death molecule) , and some evidence suggests it may even help grow new brain cells, a process known as neurogenesis! 
- George K. Grimble; Adverse Gastrointestinal Effects of Arginine and Related Amino Acids, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 137, Issue 6, 1 June 2007, Pages 1693S–1701S, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/137.6.1693S
- Bahri, S., Zerrouk, N., Aussel, C., Moinard, C., Crenn, P., Curis, E., … Sfar, S. (2013). Citrulline: from metabolism to therapeutic use. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 29(3), 479–484. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2012.07.002
- Curis E., et. al; “Citrulline and the gut;”; Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care; September 2007
- Bailey SJ, Blackwell JR, Lord T, Vanhatalo A, Winyard PG, Jones AM. l-Citrulline supplementation improves O2 uptake kinetics and high-intensity exercise performance in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015 Aug 15;119(4):385-95
- Gonzales JU, Raymond A, Ashley J, Kim Y. Does L-citrulline supplementation improve exercise blood flow in older adults? Experimental physiology. 2017;102(12):1661-1671. doi:10.1113/EP086587.
- Suzuki T, Morita M, Kobayashi Y, Kamimura A. Oral L-citrulline supplementation enhances cycling time trial performance in healthy trained men: Double-blind randomized placebo-controlled 2-way crossover study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13(1):6. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0117-z.
- Baguet, A et al.; Journal of Applied Physiology; “Important role of muscle carnosine in rowing performance;” July 2010;” 2005
- Gonzales JU, Raymond A, Ashley J, Kim Y. Does l-citrulline supplementation improve exercise blood flow in older adults? Exp Physiol. September 2017. doi:10.1113/EP086587.
- Roger C. Harris; et al.; “The effect of a supplement containing β-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis, ventilatory threshold and exercise capacity in Korean cyclists, during 12 weeks combined endurance and weight training“
- Hill, CA et al.; Amino Acids; “Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity ;” February 2007
- Kendrick IP, et al. The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition. Amino Acids. (2008)
- Smith AE, Walter AA, Graef JL, et al. Effects of β-alanine supplementation and high-intensity interval training on endurance performance and body composition in men; a double-blind trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2009;6:5. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-6-5.
- Lee EC, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2010;7:27. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-27.
- Trepanowski JF, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Schilling BK, Craig SA, Bloomer RJ. The effects of chronic betaine supplementation on exercise performance, skeletal muscle oxygen saturation and associated biochemical parameters in resistance trained men. J Strength Cond Res. 2011;25. doi:10.1519/JSC.0b013e318217d48d.
- Wallace JMW, McCormack JM, McNulty H, et al. Choline supplementation and measures of choline and betaine status: a randomised, controlled trial in postmenopausal women. Br J Nutr. 2012;108(7):1264-1271. doi:10.1017/S000711451100674X. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22172554
- Cohen BM, Renshaw PF, Stoll AL, Wurtman RJ, Yurgelun-Todd D, Babb SM. Decreased brain choline uptake in older adults. An in vivo proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. JAMA. 1995;274(11):902-907. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7674505
- Mora-Rodríguez R, Pallarés JG, López-Samanes Á, Ortega JF, Fernández-Elías VE. Caffeine Ingestion Reverses the Circadian Rhythm Effects on Neuromuscular Performance in Highly Resistance-Trained Men. Bacurau RFP, ed. PLoS ONE. 2012;7(4):e33807. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0033807.
- Astorino, T. A., Rohmann, R. L., & Firth, K. (2008). Effect of caffeine ingestion on one-repetition maximum muscular strength. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 102(2), 127–132. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-007-0557-x
- Beck, T. W., Housh, T. J., Schmidt, R. J., Johnson, G. O., Housh, D. J., Coburn, J. W., & Malek, M. H. (2006). The acute effects of a caffeine-containing supplement on strength, muscular endurance, and anaerobic capabilities. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 20(3), 506–510. https://doi.org/10.1519/18285.1
- Ganio, M. S., Klau, J. F., Casa, D. J., Armstrong, L. E., & Maresh, C. M. (2009). Effect of caffeine on sport-specific endurance performance: a systematic review. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 23(1), 315–324. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e31818b979a
- Mihail V. Pokrovskiy, Mihail V. Korokin, Svetlana A. Tsepeleva, et al., “Arginase Inhibitor in the Pharmacological Correction of Endothelial Dysfunction,” International Journal of Hypertension, vol. 2011, Article ID 515047, 4 pages, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4061/2011/515047.
- El-Bassossy HM, El-Fawal R, Fahmy A. Arginase inhibition alleviates hypertension associated with diabetes: effect on endothelial dependent relaxation and NO production. Vascul Pharmacol. 2012;57(5-6):194-200. doi:10.1016/j.vph.2012.01.001.
- Reyes T, Shu C, Argumedo R, Nemzer B, Pietrzkowski Z. The Effect of ElevATPTMon Whole Blood ATP Levels: A Single Dose, Cross over Clinical Study. Vol 1.; 2014.
- Joy J, Vogel R, Moon J, Falcone P, Mosman M, P. Kim M. Twelve Weeks Supplementation with an Extended-Release Caffeine and ATP-Enhancing Supplement May Improve Body Composition without Affecting Hematology in Resistance-Trained Men. Vol 13.; 2016. doi:10.1186/s12970-016-0136-9.
- Joy J, Falcone P, Vogel R, Mosman M, P Kim M, Moon J. Supplementation with a Proprietary Blend of Ancient Peat and Apple Extract May Improve Body Composition without Affecting Hematology in Resistance-Trained Men. Vol 40.; 2015. doi:10.1139/apnm-2015-0241.
- Joy JM et al., “Ancient peat and apple extracts supplementation may improve strength and power adaptations in resistance trained men,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1 (July 2016): 224;
- Reyes-Izquierdo, T., Nemzer, B., Argumedo, R., Cervantes, M., & Pietrzkowski, Z. (2016). The Effect of ElevATP on Exercise Output: A Single Dose, Blinded, Three-Way Cross-Over Study. Current Trends in Nutraceuticals
- Nyberg M, Mortensen SP, Thaning P, Saltin B, Hellsten Y. Interstitial and plasma adenosine stimulate nitric oxide and prostacyclin formation in human skeletal muscle. Hypertens (Dallas, Tex 1979). 2010;56(6):1102-1108. doi:10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.110.161521.
- Sprague, R. S., Bowles, E. A., Achilleus, D. and Ellsworth, M. L. (2011), Erythrocytes as controllers of perfusion distribution in the microvasculature of skeletal muscle. Acta Physiologica, 202: 285-292. doi:10.1111/j.1748-1716.2010.02182.x
- Jäger R, Roberts MD, Lowery RP, et al. Oral adenosine-5’-triphosphate (ATP) administration increases blood flow following exercise in animals and humans. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2014;11(1):28. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-11-28
- Stohs, S. J., and Hartman, M. J. (2015) A Review of the Receptor Binding and Pharmacological Effects of N‐methyltyramine. Phytother. Res., 29: 14–16. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5231.
- Tsutsumi, E.; Kanai, S.; Ohta, M.; Suwa, Y.; Miyasaka, K. (2010). “Stimulatory effect of N-methyltyramine, a congener of beer, on pancreatic secretion in conscious rats”. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 34 (Suppl 1): S14–S17
- Frank M, et al; Hordenine: pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and behavioural effects in the horse; Equine Vet J. (1990)
- Barwell CJ, Basma AN, Lafi MA, Leake LD. Deamination of hordenine by monoamine oxidase and its action on vasa deferentia of the rat. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1989;41(6):421-423.
- Nedergaard O.; British Journal of Pharmacology; “Action of various sympathomimetic amines on the isolated stripped vas deferens of the guinea-pig;” November 1968
- Zhao, Q; Effects of huperzine A on acetylcholinesterase isoforms in vitro: comparison with tacrine, donepezil, rivastigmine and physostigmine.; State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences; 2002
- Ved, H; Huperzine A, a potential therapeutic agent for dementia, reduces neuronal cell death caused by glutamate.; Division of Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research; 1997
- Ma, T; Huperzine A promotes hippocampal neurogenesis in vitro and in vivo.; State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University; 2013
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Besides the great taste, and reasonable price, i cannot start my workouts without a scoop of Mega Pre workout. I personally feel that it only takes about 15-20 minutes to kick in, and will easily last throughout my 1.5 to 2 hour workouts. Highly recommend!
All I can say is I'm very impressed with this Pre-workout! The energy, focus and pumps are something else. I'm not finding myself wanting to die, but loving the steady flow of energy delivered by what my guess is the Dynamine! Wow! Just when most high stim pre-workouts start to fade, this one comes back with another shot of energy. Also, the Lemon Candy is perfect! It's too easy to drink and has absolutely no after taste. I look forward to my pre along with the energy is brings (two scoops is <3). I found my new favorite Pre, Primeval Labs FTW!
I have tried a lots of pre-workouts and this is my first time with Primevil , I use the one scoop factor to make a judgement and i have to admit that this product holds up to my test , I definitely recommend it and will continue to buy it.
This stuff is truly amazing..Pink StarDust taste so good.. Will be buying sour lemon candy for sure.. Best pumps, acts really fast..
I love the new formalu! Compared to *** ** ****( preworkout what I was previously using), this product is 4x Better. I feel fully energized with consistentency in my pumps! I Look forward to seeing my results in next 2 months as I attempt to max out! I don’t feel like I am crashing or getting any weird sensation!
I went into this with high hopes because of the hype, but my expectations were low because I'm used to heavy exotic stims. What a pleasant surprise this was. Primeval found a way to rival the focus, energy, and output of the heaviest pres out there without any exotic stims. Pumps were insane, as to be expected. Power output was incredible. I was able to surpass my current weight and rep limits pretty easily. I don't normally enjoy lifting heavy but this stuff made me just want to lift heavy all day. I can't describe the thirst I had to lift. I just wanted to crush the weights. Focus was incredible. No real care other than lifting. Mood elevation/euphoria was very slight, just the usual amount attributed to caffeine, etc. Tbh I have plenty of euphoric pres to rely on, but for simply getting the job done and wanting to lift, it'll be tough to top this. Knocked it out of the park.