Pyretic X is a well-rounded thermogenic weight loss supplement formulated to help support increased thermogenesis, greater energy expenditure, and reduced body fat.*
When combined with a reduced-calorie diet and exercise program, the ingredients in Pyretic X may help support dietary compliance and calorie burning, thereby promoting more efficient weight loss and better performance in the gym.*
Pyretic X Ingredients
Olive Leaf Extract (20% Oleuropein)
Olive leaf extract is rich in numerous bioactive compounds, the most well-known of which is oleuropein.*
Oleuropein is a versatile compound that has been noted in scientific research to possess a wide range of activities, including*:
- Antimicrobial activity
- Antiviral activity
- hypoglycemic effect
Oleuropein also stimulates BAT (brown adipose tissue), inhibits PPAR-γ receptor, and suppresses the proliferation of adipocytes (fat cells).*
Oleuropein also enhances thermogenesis by increasing uncoupling protein-1 (UCP1).*
Additional research indicates that olive leaf extract supplementation may support better insulin sensitivity and help limit oxidation of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.*
Animal studies also indicate that olive leaf extract supports thyroid function.*
As you’re probably aware, the thyroid gland is critical to proper functioning of the metabolism.*
Green Coffee Extract
Green coffee beans are raw, unroasted coffee beans. They are rich in many pharmacologically active compounds, including chlorogenic acid.*
Human studies note an inverse association between coffee intake and weight gain.*
Green coffee extract may help reduce body weight and fat mass, possibly due to reducing the amount of carbohydrate taken up by the intestines following a meal.*
Researchers have theorized that green coffee extract may modify hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans.*
Green coffee extract’s primary bioactive, chlorogenic acid, appears to increase nitric oxide availability and possess antihypertensive effects.*
Research also indicates chlorogenic acid reduces the hyperglycemic peak associated with carbohydrate ingestion. This lowers insulin activity and may help reduce fat accumulation.*
Caffeine is the well-known central nervous system (CNS) stimulant widely available in foods common to the diet, including coffee, tea, and dark chocolate.*
Caffeine is best known for its ability to increase feelings of mental energy, due to its antagonism of adenosine receptors in the brain.*
Regarding weight loss support, caffeine has been shown to help to boost metabolism, increase calorie burning, and enhance lipolysis (the “liberating” of stored fatty acids).[10,11]*
Caffeine further supports weight loss by acting as a mild appetite suppressant, which may help reduce calorie intake at meal time.*
Dieting on low calories is also known to lead to feelings of sluggish, lethargy, and a general lack of motivation to train hard.*
Caffeine can help increase energy and motivation due to its ability to stimulate dopamine (“the mood and motivation” molecule) release in the brain, which increases mood, motivation and focus.*
Interestingly, dopamine also increases thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue, further increasing calorie burning.*
Theobromine is a chemical cousin of caffeine and the principal alkaloid in Theobroma cacao (the cacao bean). It’s also found in varying quantities in coffee and dark chocolate.*
Theobromine is traditionally used as a bronchodilator and as a vasodilator as well as a diuretic.*[14,15]
Research in animals shows that supplementation with a theobromine-rich cocoa powder encourages significant weight loss.*
Anecdotally, theobromine supplies a smoother, subtler, longer-lasting energy that complements the fast-acting energy of caffeine. It’s thought that combining the two may help limit the unwanted energy crash that accompanies high doses of caffeine.*
This may be due, in part, to theobromine having a longer half-life than caffeine.*
Pyretic X contains an additional 100mg of fast-acting caffeine anhydrous to further increase feelings of enhanced mental and physical energy to complement the smooth energy of Natural caffeine.*
In total, Pyretic X contains 253mg of caffeine per full serving (2 capsules).
Yohimbe Bark (8% Yohimbine)
Yohimbine (pausinystalia johimbe) is a plant native to western and central Africa.*
Extracts from yohimbe have long been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac.*
The primary active constituent in yohibe, yohimbine, is a prominent weight loss supplement due to its ability to antagonize (“block”) alpha-adrenergic receptors, thereby supporting fat burning.*
“Stubborn” fat areas have higher concentrations of alpha receptors and blocking them encourages increased fat-burning in those areas as greater amounts of fat-burning catecholamines (noradrenaline and adrenaline) can then bind to the beta receptors on fat cells.*
Yohimbine has also been explored as a potential ergogenic and body recomposition aid.*
Paradoxine is a research-backed, patented extract of Grains of Paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) standardized to 12.5% 6-paradol.*
6-paradol is an aromatic ketone that is the major bioactive constituent of Grains of Paradise.*
Research indicates that supplementation with Grains of Paradise extract may stimulate thermogenesis, increase energy expenditure, and decrease body fat.[18,19,20]*
Cayenne pepper contains the fiery alkaloid capsaicin which has been noted to possess some very enticing weight loss benefits.*
Capsaicin has been noted in research to help reduce appetite and increase satiety by increasing glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and decreasing ghrelin (the hunger hormone).*
Additional studies indicate that capsaicin can stimulate brown fat thermogenesis, which supports greater energy expenditure and calorie burning.*
Capsaicin may also help reduce appetite and calorie intake, due to its binding and activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) in the mouth, stomach and small intestine.*
Activation of TRPV1 receptor stimulates the release of noradrenaline and dopamine, which have been noted to enhance weight loss and exercise performance.*
Consume 2 capsules daily.
To assess tolerance, it is suggested to begin with one capsule per day.
Never exceed 4 capsules in any single 24-hour period.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Omar SH. Oleuropein in olive and its pharmacological effects. Sci Pharm. 2010;78(2):133-54.
- Svobodova M, Andreadou I, Skaltsounis AL, Kopecky J, Flachs P. Oleuropein as an inhibitor of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Genes Nutr. 2014;9(1):376. doi:10.1007/s12263-013-0376-0
- Oi-Kano Y, Kawada T, Watanabe T, et al. Oleuropein, a phenolic compound in extra virgin olive oil, increases uncoupling protein 1 content in brown adipose tissue and enhances noradrenaline and adrenaline secretions in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54(5):363-370. doi:10.3177/jnsv.54.363
- De Bock M, Derraik JGB, Brennan CM, et al. Olive (Olea europaea L.) Leaf Polyphenols Improve Insulin Sensitivity in Middle-Aged Overweight Men: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nerurkar PV, ed. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(3):e57622. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0057622.
- Al-Qarawi AA, Al-Damegh MA, ElMougy SA Effect of freeze dried extract of Olea europaea on the pituitary-thyroid axis in rats. Phytother Res. (2002)
- Lopez-Garcia E, Van Dam RM, Rajpathak S, Willett WC, Manson JE, Hu FB. Changes in caffeine intake and long-term weight change in men and women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2006;83(3):674–680.
- Johnston KL, Clifford MN, Morgan LM. Coffee acutely modifies gastrointestinal hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans: glycemic effects of chlorogenic acid and caffeine. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2003;78(4):728–733
- Wong RH, Garg ML, Wood LG, Howe PR. Antihypertensive potential of combined extracts of olive leaf, green coffee bean and beetroot: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial. Nutrients. 2014;6(11):4881-4894. Published 2014 Nov 5. doi:10.3390/nu6114881
- Tunnicliffe JM, Eller LK, Reimer RA, Hittel DS, Shearer J. Chlorogenic acid differentially affects postprandial glucose and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide response in rats. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2011 Oct;36(5):650-9.
- Nehlig A. Is caffeine a cognitive enhancer? J Alzheimers Dis 2010;20 Suppl 1, S85-94. Habowski SM, Sandrock J, et al.
- Lieberman, H. R., Wurtman, R. J., Emde, G. G., Roberts, C., & Coviella, I. L. (1987). The effects of low doses of caffeine on human performance and mood.Psychopharmacology, 92(3), 308–312.
- Dulloo, A. G., Geissler, C. A., Horton, T., Collins, A., & Miller, D. S. (1989). Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and postobese human volunteers. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 49(1), 44–50. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/49.1.44
- Kohlie, R., Perwitz, N., Resch, J., Schmid, S. M., Lehnert, H., Klein, J., & Iwen, K. A. (2017). Dopamine directly increases mitochondrial mass and thermogenesis in brown adipocytes. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 58(2), 57–66. https://doi.org/10.1530/JME-16-0159
- IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans. Coffee, Tea, Mate, Methylxanthines and Methylglyoxal. Lyon (FR): International Agency for Research on Cancer; 1991. (IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, No. 51.) Theobromine. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507032/
- Dorfman LJ, Jarvik ME. Comparative stimulant and diuretic actions of caffeine and theobromine in man. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1970;11(6):869-872. doi:10.1002/cpt1970116869
- Eteng, M., Ibekwe, H. A., Umoh, U., Ebong, P., Umoh, I., & Eyong, E. (2007). Theobromine rich cocoa powder induces weight loss and changes in lipid profile of obese Wistar rats. Discovery and Innovation, 18. https://doi.org/10.4314/dai.v18i3.15745
- Martínez-Pinilla E, Oñatibia-Astibia A, Franco R. The relevance of theobromine for the beneficial effects of cocoa consumption. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:30. Published 2015 Feb 20. doi:10.3389/fphar.2015.00030
- Iwami M, Mahmoud FA, Shiina T, et al. Extract of grains of paradise and its active principle 6-paradol trigger thermogenesis of brown adipose tissue in rats. Auton Neurosci. 2011;161(1-2):63-67. doi:10.1016/j.autneu.2010.11.012
- Sugita, J., Yoneshiro, T., et al; “Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men”; British Journal of Nutrition; (2013) 110(4), pp. 733–738;
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, et al; “Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans”; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; 2014, 60(1): 22-27
- Smeets AJ and Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The acute effects of a lunch containing capsaicin on energy and substrate utilisation, hormones, and satiety. European Journal of Nutrition. 2009;48(4):229-234. doi:10.1007/s00394-009-0006-1.
- Whiting S, et al. Capsaicinoids and capsinoids. A potential role for weight management? A systematic review of the evidence. Appetite 2012;59(2): p.341-8.
- Ludy MJ, et al. The effects of capsaicin and capsiate on energy balance: critical review and meta-analyses of studies in humans. Chem Senses 2012: 37(2) p. 103-21.
- Galitzky J, Taouis M, Berlan M, Rivière D, Garrigues M, Lafontan M. Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers. Eur J Clin Invest. 1988;18(6):587-594. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2362.1988.tb01272.x
- Ostojic SM. Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players. Res Sports Med. 2006;14(4):289-299. doi:10.1080/15438620600987106
I love all of your products except this one. Made me quesy and shaky. Tried it twice with same result.
Have gone through a whole bottle now and have definitely noticed a better cut this time around. We’ll continue to use.
I've noticed my appetite for snacking is gone and my body is getting cut up nicely and it's only been 7 days. Only thing negative is that after I ordered THEN I received an email for a buy one get one free if I downloaded app. Wish I got that email before I purchased. I immediately emailed my problem with no response. That said, I use a couple of these products and all great.